Fireplace and Chimney Inspections
Chimneys and fireplaces need attention to upkeep to avoid possible security and fire dangers.
During the fireplace inspection, we will inspect the following:
- The kind of fireplace (wood-burning, gas-burning, electric, or ethanol-burning)
- The conditions of the hearth, hearth extensions, and fire chambers
- The condition and functionality of the damper doors
- The presence of smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Signs of damage or joint separation of the hearth and its extensions
- Inoperable dampers
Brick House Inspections recommends a fireplace cleaning and evaluation prior to use on all home sales.
A damaged chimney not only hinders adequate ventilation of a fireplace but can also pose serious danger to the residents of a home or commercial property.
Your inspection will comprise of:
- Chimney outlets
- Crowns and liners
- Flue size
- Flues and liners
- The material and condition of the cleanout doors and frames
- Wall protectors or heat shields